Why does one even need to embellish a rose – a symbol of such divine beauty, purity, and perfection? You might ask. Turns out there are a number of reasons and it’s not a modern day fad.
History shows how ancient Romans, Greeks, and even Egyptians would extensively decorate this perfect bloom, often with popular foliage and luxury fabric.
Yes, it’s true that the rose ITSELF is a symbol of love and affection. But it counts how you present it, something so symbolic and special. Especially if you’re trying to win a heart, the rose decor is key.
When you’re giving someone a single rose, it will seem bare, so add to it a bit of flare. A special touch that will make a rose all the more magical. You do not need to run to your local florist for this every time or even learn how to decorate flowers.
3 Simple Hacks to transform your Rose into an Artwork
Make it sparkle, feel the spark
If you want a rose that will twinkle under starlight, you will need one egg, a small bottle of glitter in any color you like, one small brush, and then follow these three simple steps.
- Dip the brush into egg white and use short, gentle strokes to apply it onto the edges of the petals.
- Sprinkle a handful of glitter over the flower so it falls on the parts you have brushed with egg whites.
- Turn the rose and shake it gently so that the excess glitter falls off.
Glittery and unique, this flower is now ready to leave your soul mate starry-eyed and speechless.
A White Christmas rose
The holiday season is almost upon us, and if you want to make sure your lover has a white Christmas, there’s no better way than a snowy red rose. You will need hairspray, some shredded Styrofoam, a satin ribbon, and a long box for the rose.
- Lay the rose into the box. Apply a layer of hairspray onto the side of the rose that will be visible when the box is opened.
- Sprinkle shredded Styrofoam or snow-spray all over it.
- Wait for it to dry.
- Close the box and tie the bow.
Nothing better to warm up a winter night than a snowed-in rose.
My boyfriend used this on me when we were just friends. I can’t talk about the rewards he received since this is a family blog :). Sure you can guess.
Message in a rose
Sometimes the message makes the present special. So, take the time to find the best love quote, or steal one of ours, and take her breath away.
For this, you will need a small card with a satin ribbon, green tissue paper, and baby’s breath.
- Write or print the quote on the card and tie it under the rose’s head.
- Surround the rose with baby’s breath and wrap it in several layers of tissue paper.
- Make sure that the card pokes out ever so shyly through the baby’s breath.
Now that rose can tell her everything you always wanted to.
Each of these hacks will add special meaning to your present. But, if you really want to hit the sweet spot, gift her rose décorée that is timeless.