If you are a BitTorrent user, you should know about the magnetic link. In simple words, magnet links simplify and speed up the sharing and downloading of torrents. With the right downloader you can download torrents with magnet links on Mac.
At the time of downloading a .torrent file, basically it is downloading a file which is tiny with the information on larger files that you actually save to your computer. This .torrent file gives your torrent client app the names of files, the link to the tracker, etc. Then your torrent app calculates a hash code for the torrent. So, with the help of this unique torrent code, the app will be able to find other users uploading those files so that you can download from them.
The magnet link essentially is a hyperlink that has the hash code already. SO, using the magnetic code, your torrent client can start looking up people sharing those files really fast, immediately upon adding the link. Magnet links don’t require a tracker, and they don’t need you to save a separate little file to your computer before starting the download, which is faster and more convenient.
Download torrents with magnet links on Mac
To work with magnet links, you should download Folx which is very user-friendly and an easy way to download torrents with magnet links on Mac.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download magnet links in your computer:
- Download Folx and open the app on your computer;
- Copy the magnet link;
- Select menu File → New Task in Folx or click the + button at the top of its main window and paste your magnet link;
- In the “New Task” window you can customise your download;
- Click OK to finish adding the task;
- If Folx is set up to catch the download links in your browsers, you can just click the magnet link there, and Folx will do the rest.
Folx also comes in PRO version. Fox PRO allows a search for torrents on multiple trackers directly from Fox’s interface.